Not much painting going on right now. The free time I got I spend in our garden. Hard work but I actually loving it. I was afraid when we bought the house that I wouldn't.
I try not to post to often, to save paintings for later. I could show on of those, but I think I post the one I did recently. It is the same concept that I have worked on for my flower abstraction, but I pushed and played with the colors. I like the result and might do a larger version of it.
I've /we have been working hard in the garden, a lot done, a lot left to do, but I like the progress. I took some photos of my latest paintings hanging in my kitchen, as size reference.
I also include a few pictures of the progress in our garden. Big empty rectangle space is prepared for a green house that should arrive within 2 weeks. Some spaces lack grass, but that will be corrected soon.
Have been busy with planning and working in our garden lately. Have been able to paint and finish a large bird's nest painting, but more about that later.
This is a my largest flower abstraction to date. I wanted to go bold, making a more complex composition with more flowers, not just the same amount, but larger.
So this one is over the top, colorful and fun.
I have recently finished my largest Flower abstraction paintings ever, 100 x 100 cm ( 39,4 x 39,4 inches). It is very complexed and over the top, but I like it. But I think it have to wait a little, have other things to show first.
This is a painting that took me outside my comfort zone and I had a lot of fun. At first I wasn't sure what to think, I always see the things that I could have done different, or better. Now a few weeks later, I rather like it.
This is one of my semi large flower abstractions. Not sure if it is the time of the year, or the fact that we got a lot of plans and work around our own garden, but very few subjects interest me to paint for the moment.
We bought and moved to our first house in December last year and this is the first summer for us with a garden. We har removed a 34 meter (37 yards) European Beech tree hedge and replaced it ourself with a wood fence. We removed 74 plants/trees and the roots was no picnic.
Hopefully we get our new greenhouse tomorrow, which will take time and energy to put together, but I am looking forward to it.
I love the painting in it's whole, one of my personal favorites, The thing that inspired this one is how the dark flowers on the bottom, just peak through the dark background and how the yellow parts of the flowers glow in the dark. I took that and decided to do a large version, a dark moody painting, with a limited color palette and that was all about repetition. I did light up a part too make it pop.
I did a lot of 6" x 6" single flower compositions, playing around, experimenting with textures, colors and shapes. Going up one size (8" x 8") made it possible to push things further. I had a lot of fun, (still do).
This is a medium sized bird's abstraction I did recently. After the initial start I decided to use a limited color palette on this one. I tried to keep it rough, but clean, and I think I succeeded with that.
Haven't painted lately, been busy with our garden, pulling down our hedge on one side and planning how the garden will progress, new fence, buying a greenhouse etc.
My 4 weeks vacation starts tomorrow and I will use it mostly for painting and gardening, but with some relaxing and small drives to friends and family.
We didn't plan to do some work done with our garden right now, but we are. We have pulled up a high hedge with European Beech and replacing it with a fence. That hedge took a lot of space from our garden, and stealing a lot of light. Pulling up those trees and roots is hard work. The hedge consisted of 74 plants.
This is not a season painting, but a favorite subject of mine. Rowan berries, a kind of autumn berries.
This painting was a few minutes from being scrapped and re-used for a new painting. I started painting it around 6 months ago, and had a rough time, one minute I loved where it was going, hating it 5 minutes later. I had no idea where I was going. It was not realism ( like I would ever), but it wasn't abstract either.
I just put it aside and thought it would be one of those that wouldn't get finished. It had potential, but it also had it's problems, but I had no vision.
I told my biggest fan and critic what he thought, and he said that he loved it and forbid me to reject it. I took his advice and decided to give it a go, to solve the things I didn't like.
Am not objective right now, but I solved it, and I am pleased with the end result.
I had no idea what picture I had used as reference and had to just to make it work.