torsdag 18 september 2014

Bird's Nest Abstraction 40


SOLD

I started this one 5 weeks ago, in the middle of my 9-10 weeks break. I had to stop painting when I realized that covering up the newly sanded and varnished floor was a bad idea, the color on the floor has to set first, otherwise you got dark and light spots.
It is finished now though (I think), I have experimented a lot, pushed my limits, tried to keep it rough enough, playful and not simplify it too much. This is the largest bird's nest painting that I have done and a real challenge since I only had the basic composition to work from.
I'm not objective enough to judge this one right now, but I learned a lot from the process.

6 kommentarer:

  1. Makes me think of small craters on another planet , LOVE the colors !

    SvaraRadera
  2. Wonderful color gradations. This one really shows your highly developed skill with color. There's good motion too. Figuratively, it does look like creators on another planet.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Hi Roger!
    Sometimes experimenting in art really pays off in the long run.
    It's an accomplishment to finish these pieces.
    KEEP going, YOU have a great style!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Bonjour cher Roger,

    J'aimerais bien être un petit oiseau et avoir la chance d'avoir de tels nids ! Je suis certaine que mon ami Léo ne me contredira pas !
    Vos couleurs sont si vivifiantes et j'aime leur rencontre.
    Gros bisous

    SvaraRadera
  5. I agree with Jane. It is other-worldly and spectacular.

    SvaraRadera
  6. It has been a while since visiting sites that I love....WOW...you are really doing some spectacular work!!!

    SvaraRadera

Obs! Endast bloggmedlemmar kan kommentera.