tisdag 15 november 2011

A pile of apples


Doing still life always make me ask myself if it is the right thing for me to do. Not still life as subject, but how and what I paint. My favorite still life painter Carol Marine has a wonderful eye for color, composition and has a little whimsical touch. I get inspired, but I also get warning bells, I must keep my identity. I fooled around with apples, photographing different compositions and ideas. I tend to like close-ups, to work with shapes that overlaps, lines that meet and negative spaces. This isn't one of those, so I was in kind of out of my comfort zone. I think it still is me, but I had to work to find the balance in the background between creating energy and just being messy.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Obs! Endast bloggmedlemmar kan kommentera.