söndag 17 mars 2013

Face Exploration 5

Not For Sale

I have done a lot of experimentations with my previous faces. I thought I needed some more structure and control before I could really let go and simplify, therefor I started to get back to basics, but still keeping my style. This one is a combination of me holding back and experiment. I meant to take it further, but someone at home forbid me to take it further. I wanted to make more contrasts. I like this one, but I will never know if I could have improved it.

12 kommentarer:

  1. Hi Roger, very interesting your experimentations in all these faces with very amazing results !!! I like also this one !!!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, glad you like it. It is an art in itself to know when to stop.

      Radera
  2. I'm wondering if these two last ones are self portraits ?? Either way I love them both. This is great the way it is ...but I suppose one could always just go on and on, difficult to know when to stop.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks Jane. Don't intend it to be self portraits, but I think we take some things with us. We know our own faces the best and I think the knowledge and the fact that is common to do self-portraits as a way to explore, show in our work.

      Radera
  3. I like this one. It´s a bit warmer in the colours than the last one. It´s nice!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks Catharina. I tend to try new things, to grow.

      Radera
  4. You really got his eye line to the viewer perfectly. He has a lovely sincere gaze. I have a lot of trouble making the eyes appear as if they are looking in the direction I want them to be. Awesome job.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you Nora.For me the eyes are the key, if they doesn't work, the portrait doesn't work for me.

      Radera
  5. This one is my favorite so far. I love the daring panache of it.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you Sandy. I try to put my spin on faces, to explore and experiment, but still make it work.

      Radera

Obs! Endast bloggmedlemmar kan kommentera.