lördag 29 oktober 2011

That time of year

Wasted, in the trash.

Painting small or large paintings? Well, both has it's advantages. Lately I have been trying to make my art work on smaller formats, but I haven't gone smaller than 8" x 8" (20 x 20cm). Perhaps I will go smaller in the future, but not right now.

I have also at times had problem finding subjects to paint. I should have fun painting it, but hopefully others will like it too. I have tried a few new things this last week. Todays post is one of them, and it triggered me to paint a 12" x 12" painting and a 23.6" x 15.7" painting.
I have cropped a lot of photographs that I have taken to square format, so I have a pile of things to paint from. This was a fall picture, trees with colorful leaves. So I went for it, interpret it, trying to find my style of doing nature.

4 kommentarer:

  1. Hey Roger,
    Love the perspective! Looks amazing. Wonderful colour of blue for the sky. Glad to see a landscape of yours!
    Cheers,
    Nora

    SvaraRadera
  2. Your paintings have so much energy to them, I guess it would be hard to confine that to a smaller space. This one was a success!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Terrific perspective and great colors - great composition.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Thanks. Had a blast, trying some new things out.

    SvaraRadera

Obs! Endast bloggmedlemmar kan kommentera.